Quickly Straighten Your Crooked Teeth with Invisalign® Express
Invisalign Express offers patients the ability to address minor imperfections while enjoying all the benefits of the Invisalign system in a much shorter time period. Dr. Matthew Turner can help patients achieve their ideal smile with 10 sets of aligners or fewer in approximately three months at our Blue Springs, MO, practice. The length of your treatment timeline will depend on your unique issues; patients with more complex misalignment issues may see greater benefit from traditional Invisalign treatment. During your consultation, Dr. Turner will evaluate your concerns and provide you with an estimate on your treatment timeline so you have a better understanding of what to expect.
Invisalign Express vs. Traditional Invisalign
Invisalign Express offers the same great benefits of Invisalign in a much shorter timeline. This revolutionary five-stage treatment typically includes around 10 aligners that can straighten teeth in about three months or less. Traditional Invisalign usually includes at least 20 to 30 aligners and can take up to a year or more.
Just as with traditional Invisalign, your aligners are clear and virtually invisible and should be worn 20 to 22 hours a day for two weeks at a time before progressing to the next aligner in the series. At the end of your treatment, you will be given a retainer to help you maintain your results.
Invisalign Express Options
Invisalign Express offers two different options for patients looking for a more streamlined timeline to correct their crooked teeth.
- Invisalign Express 5: This treatment system includes five sets of aligners and is typically recommended for individuals with slight spacing and overlapping issues, or those who previously had orthodontics but failed to wear their retainers and are experiencing alignment issues. Patients can usually achieve results in about two to three months.
- Invisalign Express 10: While this system includes twice as many aligners as Invisalign Express 5, you can achieve results in about five to six months, as aligners are switched out every two weeks. Invisalign Express 10 is beneficial for those who have more complex misalignment issues, but which are not quite severe enough for traditional Invisalign.
Invisalign Express offers the same great benefits of Invisalign in a much shorter timeline.
Who Is Invisalign Express for?
Although Invisalign Express is limited in its capabilities, it is beneficial for certain patients with minor aesthetic concerns and can be used to fix small issues after prior orthodontics if retainers were not properly or consistently worn. Invisalign Express candidates include patients who:
- Have slight rotation of teeth
- Need expansion in their upper or lower teeth (1.5 mm or less)
- Have minor crowding or spacing (2 mm or less)
- Need minor midline corrections (2 mm or less)
- Only require partial treatment
- Desire to correct crooked teeth quickly
How to Maintain Your Results
After your Invisalign Express treatment is completed, you will be given a retainer to wear. It is imperative that this be worn as directed or your teeth will begin to move out of alignment. Most patients will be encouraged to wear this every day for at least the first three to six months, removing it only for eating and drinking, so as to give your jawbone time to stabilize. You can then switch to wearing it only at night. If at any point your retainer starts to feel tighter, you may want to begin wearing it during the day again to prevent orthodontic retreatment.
Learn More About Invisalign Express
If you are looking for a quick and effective way to correcting minor dental misalignment, you may benefit greatly from Invisalign Express. The staff at the office of Matthew A. Turner, D.D.S., P.C. invites you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Turner to determine whether you would be a good candidate and discuss the cost of treatment. Please contact our office online or call (816) 229-1433 to schedule your appointment.
Best dental experience anyone could ask for. It's very obvious the entire staff works together as a team and truly cares about the patients.Jackie P.