Commonly Combined Procedures
Any two or more of the following may be utilized in your personalized treatment plan. Depending on your goals and current oral health, Dr. Turner may recommend additional procedures.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer Zoom!® in-office teeth whitening treatments and DayWhite® and NiteWhite® take-home treatments. Whitening is typically performed prior to other procedures such as veneers so that they will match the new, whiter shade of your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are custom-crafted shells of porcelain that can lengthen or reshape the teeth, mask wide spaces between teeth, and cover chips or cracks. Veneers can also be used to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains that do not respond to professional teeth whitening methods.
- Dental Bonding: This simple procedure is a more affordable alternative to porcelain veneers. Made from tooth-colored composite resin, bonding matches your natural or newly whitened shade.
- Invisalign®: These clear aligners may be used to correct alignment issues that may affect your oral health as well as the aesthetics of your smile. If orthodontic treatments are needed, they will typically be completed prior to other cosmetic procedures. Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional braces and treatment can be tailored for teenagers.
- Gum Contouring: Cosmetic contouring can be done to reduce the appearance of a “gummy” smile or to create a more even gum line.
- Tooth-colored Fillings: Patients who received silver-colored amalgam fillings in the past may wish to have those fillings replaced with tooth-colored composite fillings to blend with their smile.
What to Expect
First, you will come to our office for an in-depth consultation with Dr. Turner. He will discuss your treatment options with you, and together you will select the procedures for your personalized treatment plan. Your teeth will be cleaned and we will take x-rays. Dr. Turner will perform an exam and review the x-rays to ensure no underlying issues exist. If another oral condition is discovered, Dr. Turner will recommend treatment for that condition prior to your smile makeover.
At the beginning of your makeover, we will take photos of your teeth and gums with our digital intraoral camera. Depending on your specific plan, we may take impressions of your teeth for custom whitening trays, and Dr. Turner may create a diagnostic cast and wax-up.
Dr. Turner prefers to perform multiple procedures within a single appointment to provide you with more immediate results. If appropriate, we may administer nitrous oxide through a SILHOUETTE low-profile nasal mask. If numbing is required, we use a combination of local anesthetic and sodium bicarbonate to speed the process. This technique also allows the numbness to wear off faster. Dr. Turner may take additional photos during your procedure(s) and will take after photos once your smile makeover is complete.
Getting a smile makeover can truly be a life-changing experience. Please contact us today to learn more about how we can transform your smile into one you love. You can also learn more by reviewing our smile makeover FAQs.