Boost Your Confidence with a Smile Makeover
Matthew A. Turner D.D.S., P.C. skillfully combines two or more cosmetic procedures to provide residents of Kansas City, MO, with a smile makeover at our office in Blue Springs. This comprehensive treatment addresses concerns such as yellowed teeth, chipped or cracked teeth, and minor alignment issues. Your personal makeover may include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, gum contouring, and Invisalign® to give you the brilliant, confident smile that you desire.
“A smile makeover is an excellent choice for improving several cosmetic flaws at once.”
A smile makeover is an excellent choice for improving several cosmetic flaws at once. Typical concerns include staining and discoloration, chips and cracks, uneven or oddly shaped teeth, widely spaced teeth or crooked teeth from overcrowding, and “gummy” smiles. Patients interested in having a smile makeover should be in good oral health. Any underlying problems such as gum disease or tooth decay should be treated prior to undergoing cosmetic treatment. For lasting results, patients should commit to good oral hygiene practices and follow the guidelines for maintenance of their particular cosmetic procedures. Although a consultation is the only way to determine candidacy, patients may find it helpful to review our smile makeover FAQs prior to their first visit.
Commonly Combined Procedures
Any two or more of the following may be utilized in your personalized treatment plan. Depending on your goals and current oral health, Dr. Turner may recommend additional procedures.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer Zoom!® in-office teeth whitening treatments and DayWhite® and NiteWhite® take-home treatments. Whitening is typically performed prior to other procedures such as veneers so that they will match the new, whiter shade of your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are custom-crafted shells of porcelain that can lengthen or reshape the teeth, mask wide spaces between teeth, and cover chips or cracks. Veneers can also be used to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains that do not respond to professional teeth whitening methods.
- Dental Bonding: This simple procedure is a more affordable alternative to porcelain veneers. Made from tooth-colored composite resin, bonding matches your natural or newly whitened shade.
- Invisalign®: These clear aligners may be used to correct alignment issues that may affect your oral health as well as the aesthetics of your smile. If orthodontic treatments are needed, they will typically be completed prior to other cosmetic procedures. Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional braces and treatment can be tailored for teenagers.
- Gum Contouring: Cosmetic contouring can be done to reduce the appearance of a “gummy” smile or to create a more even gum line.
- Tooth-colored Fillings: Patients who received silver-colored amalgam fillings in the past may wish to have those fillings replaced with tooth-colored composite fillings to blend with their smile.
What to Expect
First, you will come to our office for an in-depth consultation with Dr. Turner. He will discuss your treatment options with you, and together you will select the procedures for your personalized treatment plan. Your teeth will be cleaned and we will take x-rays. Dr. Turner will perform an exam and review the x-rays to ensure no underlying issues exist. If another oral condition is discovered, Dr. Turner will recommend treatment for that condition prior to your smile makeover.
At the beginning of your makeover, we will take photos of your teeth and gums with our digital intraoral camera. Depending on your specific plan, we may take impressions of your teeth for custom whitening trays, and Dr. Turner may create a diagnostic cast and wax-up.
Dr. Turner prefers to perform multiple procedures within a single appointment to provide you with more immediate results. If appropriate, we may administer nitrous oxide through a SILHOUETTE low-profile nasal mask. If numbing is required, we use a combination of local anesthetic and sodium bicarbonate to speed the process. This technique also allows the numbness to wear off faster. Dr. Turner may take additional photos during your procedure(s) and will take after photos once your smile makeover is complete.
Getting a smile makeover can truly be a life-changing experience. Please contact us today to learn more about how we can transform your smile into one you love. You can also learn more by reviewing our smile makeover FAQs.
Best dental experience anyone could ask for. It's very obvious the entire staff works together as a team and truly cares about the patients.Jackie P.